Being intentional throughout the planning process goes a long way in creating space for unforgettable moments to naturally blossom. We share insight and make suggestions for ways to create these opportunities within your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. It is your day, and you are welcomed and highly encouraged to challenge everything and create a day that represents the most thoughtful and authentic reflection of you two.
A conversation with Laura Seguin, Founder and Lead Coordinator of Moments 2 Memories Events. Whitney and Laura reflect on the hundreds of weddings they coordinated together to spotlight some of the MOST memorable and thoughtful moments from many of them.
In This Episode:
Selecting your officiant:
- Ask someone you know or hiring a professional (and some pros and cons of each).
- Who you know that could be great in this role
- How to spend time with your officiant so he/she can design a very personal ceremony
Infusing traditions into your ceremony:
- Ethic traditions
- Religious traditions
- Family traditions
- Elements of your parents’ weddings which you could incorporate into yours
Fun ways to include your pet(s) in your weddings.
Ways to honor those who who have passed away.
Ways to include those who cannot be physically present at your wedding.
How to tell the story of your relationship & help guests get to know your new husband/wife.
Give your Cocktail Hour a fun identity of its own:
- Signature Cocktails
- Hors d’ Oeuvres
- Special Style Choices
- Toasts at Cocktail Hour (who knew?!)
Plan a meaningful reception:
- Should someone say a prayer or blessing? Who?
- Special events you’ll want to select a song for (beyond “All the Single Ladies” Beyonce for your bouquet toss)
- How you can share your passions and interests with your guests. Did someone say eco-friendly centerpieces? Locally-sourced meals? No waste?
- Add a personal touch to your favors by supporting local business and give your guests a taste of the regional flavors
- Tear-jerker suggestions for unforgettable dance floor moments
End the night on a high. Keep your guests at your wedding until the very end and leave them saying, “this was the best wedding ever!”
About Laura Seguin
Laura is the founder and lead coordinator at Moments 2 Memories. She is originally from Jacksonville, FL and grew up in Memphis, TN before moving to Los Angeles in 2005 with hopes of perusing a career in film. During that time, she worked events for catering companies, restaurants and hotels. Years later she was offered a job as an assistant wedding coordinator (by Whitney) for Wish Wonder Dream and she found her real passion: WEDDING PLANNING! Now, as the owner of Moments to Memories and with 10+ years in the industry, Laura says she loves what she does more and more every day! Her clients are everything to her.
When Laura is not planning unforgettable moments with her clients, she enjoys creating priceless memories with her son, volunteering within her community, planning trips around the world with friends and her son (next stop, Australia!), going to Disneyland and Six Flags, attending concerts, and relaxing on the couch with a glass of wine and my rescue cat, Lucy.
Follow Moments to Memories Events @m2meventsla
HERE is a link to the wedding I referenced, with the Sea Hawk as the ringbearer:
HERE is a link to Universal Life Church, where your aspiring wedding officiant can easily become ordained.
HERE is a link to plantable wedding stationery
PURCHASE THE ESSENTIAL WEDDING AND ENGAGEMENT PLANNER