Liz Higgins, LMFT is back for another incredible episode! This time we’re talking about the common fears couples face during their engagement season. Why fears bubble up, how to face them, and why they’re actually a good thing because they can help us grow. *
In This Episode:
- Tackle your fear like Dory the fish: “Go Through It, Not Over It ” (Finding Nemo)
- Doing the Work on your relationship helps couples build on their strengths. Just like someone sees a personal trainer or a business coach because they’re trying to get to the next level; couples who lean in to these conversations while they’re engaged see the rewards in married life.
- The most common fears couples have during this season. How they’re perfectly normal and what they’re trying to tell us.
- How our dating culture is changing within the millennial generation and how it’s shaping our values.
- Why we should NEVER say “Happy Wife, Happy Life” — and other outdated views.
- Why Liz says “we repeat what we don’t repair.”
- Instead of coming to marriage with a preconceived notion of what your roles will be, or default to the type of marriage your parents might have/have had, be intentional now about how you’ll show up.
- Why FOMO is a trending marriage-related fear among millennials.
- What it might mean when only once person is feeling fear and the other isn’t.
About Liz Higgins, LMFT
Liz Higgins is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Dallas, TX. She is the founder of Millennial Life Counseling, a practice focused on helping couples and individuals create epic marriages, relationships, and lives in the modern world. Liz’s relationship blogs have been featured on The Huffington Post, Today, The Gottman Institute Blog, Prepare-Enrich, and more. Liz has a publication in the AAMFT Magazine, and continues to write and speak on millennial trends related to couple dynamics.
Follow Liz & Millennial Life Counseling @millenniallifecounseling
PURCHASE THE ESSENTIAL WEDDING AND ENGAGEMENT PLANNER