I knew I wanted to do an episode where we’d cover ALL the must-knows about booking your wedding photographer. It’s a huge decision, right friends?
On pages 98-99 of The Essential Wedding and Engagement Planner I provide a list of questions to reference when interviewing potential photographers. And I EASILY could have devoted an entire section to this in the planner, but I didn’t want to overwhelm.
So…. instead I invited an incredibly talented, fun, and business-savvy photog to jump into Episode 8 “Must-Knows for Booking Your Wedding Photographer” with me so we could discuss ALL things photography in a casual (yet thorough!) conversation. Friends, my guest today is Laurelyn Savannah and you are going to ADORE her! Watch her video HERE to learn more about her style and process.
Laurelyn is a Wisconsin-based wedding photographer (she also offers brand photography) and she’s in her 9th season of capturing love stories. She has shot over 120 weddings and her business continues to grow like crazy.
Laurelyn Savannah Photography has been featured in Wisconsin Bride Magazine, The Knot, Inspired by This, Style Me Pretty, Ruffled, Grey Likes Weddings, and Wedding Chicks.
In This Episode:
- The pros and cons of working with a company where the owner is also the photographer vs. a larger company where you meet with a representative and then get paired with a photographer?
- How to know when you meet with a wedding photographer who matches your personality and energy level? Is that important?
- The benefits of doing your engagement session with your wedding photographer.
- Inspirations for choosing the setting of your engagement session.
- Finding a photographer with the right signature style.
- Is it ok to ask your wedding photographer to recreate photos you saw on Pinterest?
- The minimum number of hours any wedding photography package should include.
- We’ll walk through a hypothetical wedding day timeline together so you can think about your photography hour-by-hour.
- Should you do a First Look? What are the pros and cons?
- The types of weddings that may or may not benefit from having a second and even a third shooter.
- A big reason your photographer might not be able to capture all your detail shots.
- How to make the most of your time with your wedding photographer
- What if you don’t want your photos posted on social media?
- Why is it so important to hire an experienced WEDDING photographer, and not just a talented photographer?
- Laurelyn shares stories of some of the most intentional moments she’s captures.
- How to incorporate your personal stories and values into your wedding day.
- Why the connection you have with your wedding vendors is SO crucial to the success of your wedding.
Inside the episode, Laurelyn shares favorite memories from two of her most intentional weddings. Here are links to the portfolios from those weddings:
Follow Laurelyn Savannah Photography https://laurelynsavannahphotography.com/
PURCHASE THE ESSENTIAL WEDDING AND ENGAGEMENT PLANNER